Welcome! I’m Shawna Clark Fronk, the founder of Clark Executive Coaching. I started this company and blog with the goal of empowering leaders of all levels to lead, achieve, and succeed. So what does that mean exactly? And why should you spend your precious time reading what I write? I’m glad you asked.
Let’s start with why. Hmm, that sounds familiar. Oh yes; excellent book. Definitely read it.
Now, about MY why. My wholehearted passion and mission in life is to make a positive impact on people, organizations, and the world through transformational coaching, consulting, speaking, and writing.
I’ve spent over 20 years in corporate America as a leader in HR, communications, and marketing, managing large teams and budgets up to $30 million. I’ve worked for three Fortune 100 companies in addition to private and non-profit, including health care, retail, education, and technology organizations ranging from a dozen to 350,000 employees.
I’m proud of my record of achieving 100% favorable as a manager in employee engagement surveys for leadership behaviors that are important to me:
- Giving regular coaching and feedback
- Setting clear expectations
- Treating people with respect
- Valuing employees
- Giving recognition
So what does this mean for you?
I’ve learned a few things along the way. Some things came naturally to me. Others I learned the hard way. I’m here to share both with you. And in the 15+ years I’ve worked as a leader and with leaders in various functions, companies, and industries, I’ve discovered three principles of leadership that are true anywhere.
My three tenets of leadership are:
- What you do as a leader has a profound impact on those you lead. It can also have a profound impact on those you serve, your peers and leaders, and your organization. But it always has an impact on those you lead.
- People generally leave or stay for their leaders, not jobs or companies. While they may not tell you this is why they’re leaving, it’s the number one reason people quit.
- It’s up to you to be the leader you want to be. Don’t wait to be developed or procrastinate on being the leader you want to be. Make this your top priority for a more fulfilling career now.
How can Clark Executive Coaching help you?
I know that being a leader is hard. It can also be one of the most rewarding things you do in life. Clark Executive Coaching is here to support leaders of all levels get from where they are today to where they want to be tomorrow. And I firmly believe that anyone who desires it can be a leader, no matter their title or experience.
Is the Lead, Achieve, Succeed blog right for you?
This blog is for you if you’re in a company role that’s responsible for talent/leadership development and you’re looking for best practices, research, and coaching tips for performance and retention.
It’s also for accomplished and emerging leaders looking for advice, support, and tools on how to be an even more effective leader. I’ll draw upon my experiences both as a longtime leader, in addition to my executive/leadership coaching practice.
What can you expect from this blog?
Thank you for reading and visiting! Subscribe now, so you don’t miss out on these upcoming posts:
- Forget SMART: How to set goals to get what you really want
- How to ax anxiety and jumpstart joy
- 3 simple steps for motivating millennials